Monday, December 29, 2008

Joyous

Sorry Blog…I haven’t written in a while.

The holiday season is something that I loathe each year, as you can tell from reading my previous blogs posts around this time of year. My allergy to Christmas trees is somehow magnified each year with extreme intensity and I take comfort in my conifer-free home. A cold front has ripped through the valley and I’ve been snowed in literally the last week. The “Ho-Ho-Ho’s” and off-key holiday music sung by 8-yr-olds makes my skin crawl across my bones. Don’t forget the millions of cards and newsletters that are sent by people. Everyone really should just go “paperless” and send their crap via the net. Maybe I’m just negative, but this so-called “joyous time of year” is anything but “joyous” imo. I’m just incredibly thankful that it is all over for another 365 days. Now that…is “joyous”!

At least I can say that I am looking forward to a new year and that I think that 2009 will be the best year I’ve had in a long time. I think after everything else I’ve earned it.

No comments: