Thursday, March 13, 2008

Detox

Don’t leak the secret to Blizzard, but I’ve discovered the cure for an addiction to World of Warcraft! It’s a relatively short detox program called “real life”. I encourage you to try it.

There have been many wonderful people that I’ve met through the game and those friendships I intend to hold onto even past their technological foundations. It is just that sadly the majority of my co-gamers in Azeroth I have found to be jaded, immature, uneducated slobs who substitute a lack of real structure and positive human interaction with pixels upon a screen. They call this gathering of fools “a guild”. These members exhibit no sense of respect for the human race, economy, manners, gender equality or any tolerance for difference. These mindless slaves of Blizzard tote out $15/month so that they can exercise a false sense of authority on others while they pretend that “leading a raid” or being a “class leader” is some type of respectable position in life. I’m sorry to tell them but that experience does not apply when it comes to a resume. They fail to realize that if they spent as much time each day on themselves, their education, a career or maybe even a little personal hygiene as they do on that game each day…they might become “real”.

I’m sure my negativity in this post has the potential to spawn a torrential slough of hate email. I’d even be happy to accommodate those by reading and responding to each one personally, but I’ll have to apologize, I’m too busy living “real life” to bother.

Sorry my lovely little Moonsmile (70 Priestess). I will miss our adventures together. May you rest in digital peace with the rest of the toons whose owners were freed from the matrix.

It is with this post that I bid thee farewell and welcome the sunshine rays of “real life”.

No comments: