Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunshine & Clouds

It has been my trend that when things are going not-so-well in my life I seem to have plenty of material to write about. Lately things have been wonderful and thus my recent posts reflect my happiness. Tonight I sit here, laptop in front of me, typing away as my precious Bandit, editor-in-chief, is cuddled up next to me. Maybe I'm becoming the crazy cat lady, but I think that Bandit enjoys the sound of the clicking keys, the way I curl my toes when I think deeply and my endless humming as I daydream.

I'm back to chilling around at work now that it is interim once again. Things are still somewhat busy and there is cleanup work to do but it seems that things are moving back to slow and simple pace. Not sure how I'm going to keep myself occupied and the surplus of free time has me dazed into daydreams about springtime and snuggles. I'm falling into something and I think for the first time I stand in front of the mirror of reality in total actualization of what is happening to me I can smile.

Even in my happiness though, it almost seems that like clockwork there is that shadow in the corner trying to steal the rays from my sunshine. My phone rang late tonight and destiny told me not to answer it. I've erased that number as well as the person attached to it. I couldn't help but chuckle that in a drunken state it seemed okay in their mind for them to contact me. Wishing to lash out more verbal abuse in a sore attempt to heal their own self-loathing or just proving the fact that the beauty of my love is something that they miss? Not sure. Honestly, I don't really care. Hopefully they will get the hint and forget about me. I pressed "7" on my phone before even listening to the entire message. That should show how much I value them. Leave me alone.

I guess life is interesting like that. Drama comes and goes in the form of jealousy and hurt. I've outgrown those childish games and march proudly to a symphonic harmony of my own laughter.

Sunshine & Clouds...all this is natural. :D

No comments: