Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Silly So & So

I think it might just be official. I’ve lost my mind. Certainly sitting here in my office, the pouring rain and dark clouds threatening outside, listening to Perry Como’s “Papa Loves Mambo” is evidence enough that my mental state has gone haywire. The worst part is that I’m singing along and dancing around in my chair to “he’s goes left…she goes right” and not giving a notice in the world to my coworkers peeking around the corner of the doorway giggling at me.

Maybe there is just something about the level of activity levels my brain has been racing through in the last couple weeks combined with the upbeat sounds of a jazz tune that just short-circuit. Either way the comedy of it all has me laughing at myself and those closest to me know that I’ve needed the laughter.

Over the past two weeks my grandmother has been in the hospital, nursing care, back to the hospital, back to nursing care and maybe we will finally get to add home to the list sometime this week. The sunrise of her 88th birthday is soon approaching it seems that health troubles are challenging her from even reaching that milestone. I make good thoughts for her daily but sometimes you just have to stand back and let the creator do what he is planning to do.

Personal life is full speed ahead for me. I was forced to deal with something seriously painful in reality and memory. It is something in which I’ve chosen to keep confidential from almost everyone in my life. The hard part of it is over and I’m sitting on the rollercoaster finish line staring at a date that will be the end-all of end-alls. It is scary and keeps my nerves on edge.

The work circuit of my life is the same-ol-same-ol grind, here and there, day after day, gas tank after expensive gas tank. Each time I have to fill gas it makes me tear up knowing that next week I might be spending ¼ of my check just to get to work. Energy crisis…is NOTHING compared to the crisis my emotions are going through when I start adding up my car payment, insurance, parking and gasoline. Oh great, I just remembered, it’s also time to have my oil changed. Someone just get me a donkey and I’ll do the cart thing to work. /sigh

In brighter more beautiful things, and no I’m definitely not talking about the Oregon weather right now, my darling panda is coming to visit in just 9 short days. I never thought I’d be so excited about just reaching single digits on the countdown, but “gee-golly” I’m on fire with excitement. Sparklers on the 4th of July can’t touch this feeling. I can hardly wait to cuddle up with him, even in this terrible Oregon weather, because when I’m with him everything is sunshine and rainbows.

I’m just feeling many emotions lately. Granted, when do I not? I’m positively me, and that is for certain. Silly old girl, that me-woman.

I guess I’m back to singing jazz lyrics aloud in my grand concerto to dust mites in the capitol.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it high above the mucky muck