Monday, October 22, 2007

The Monotony of Fall

Sometimes I’m here and sometimes I’m not. Words that ring true as somehow my subconscious exhausted all its energy these past few days narrating my life in a forced third-person British accent rather than linking written words together for this dauntless expense of bandwidth.

Listen. A train whistles, bellowing deep as the wheels slice through the orange, yellow and red leaves that have fallen unknowingly upon the tracks. Life appears to be the same.

The monotony of fall…

…working too much, dancing in dark alleyways, counting change to feed the meters, singing in my car, anchored to the desk by homework, wandering around lost, daydreaming in the morning, jumping in piles of leaves, laughing in the rain, falling in love...

...and the story I’m hiding in the commas.

No comments: