Sunday, November 4, 2007

Solo Artist

I gathered an hour back in time today and along with it came some new clarity to some floating issues plaguing my mind.

Annual gains of maturity and accelerated levels of painful experience has aged me beyond years in which certain individuals in my life are not yet capable of grasping. Little things that used to create laughter, enjoyment and understanding now spread a twinge of disapproval and annoyance to my brow. I'm not going to tout that I am in any way better than these individuals. I'm just going to say that I now see the world they live in with a different set of eyes and realize that because of that I can no longer try to dance the same angles as them. I am a solo artist now.

I want my own existence even if it is different than what they want for me.

No comments: